November 18, 2012
My son was not yet one year old, and I was trying to imagine a work vision statement that would call me forward. On March 19, 1998, after going deep and evaluating everything I felt in my heart, gut, and head to be important at that moment in time, these are the words I wrote. I’ve been carrying them around on a tattered sheet of paper to every new business meeting I’ve attended since then to keep me focused.
“My work combines my love of writing and my strength in creative ideas to influence others to take action and make a meaningful difference to improve business performance or enhance quality of life. I have autonomy to work a schedule that accommodates family commitments. I enjoy the variety of people I work with, many of whom share my love of the creative process. Team members value the contribution I make. I enjoy work I do from my home office, using the skills I have spent my career developing: writing, marketing, advertising, public relations, special event planning, public speaking, etc. I don’t have to go to an office everyday and deal with office politics. The work I do impacts the business in a way that counts, either by advancing sales or helping others become more effective so they can advance sales or impact some other meaningful business measurement. I am paid well enough to fund my interests and aspirations outside of work and enjoy a level of grace in my life. My son participates and enjoys the activities that he wants to without having to worry about whether or not we can afford it. We splurge on fresh and distinctive foods more regularly than we do now. We take special family vacations during which we can see special places and have memorable experiences together.”
It is now 14 years later. And the vision I typed on that sheet of paper is my reality. I am known as a Business Bio Expert and Get Known to Get Paid Mentor. I serve clients in my own backyard and well beyond who value my contributions to their success. I get invited to speak often, and I love that. This somewhat introverted gal gets to work independently without dealing with the chaos and drama of a typical office scenario. Better groceries are a way of life for us. Gosh, it’s always been about better groceries for me.
I attended business school with the idea that I would build a career. And all the years I worked in corporate life, I never had a good enough reason to consider creating my own business until my son was born. He was my “why.” Now, he’s 15. And my business will celebrate its 12th anniversary this February. My son, husband, and I have been figuring things out step by step the whole time. My husband also runs his own business. It’s been a step by step, deliberate journey for both of us to build businesses that express our specific talents and deliver real value. Not every step we’ve taken has been perfectly placed. We’ve made our share of mistakes along the way, and we keep moving forward.
Our son has an appreciation for what it means to work hard to succeed because we’ve been modeling that for him every day. He chose to enroll in a marketing class at school, and he seems to like it. That makes me smile.
Today I am grateful for the journey we’ve traveled so far. I am happy that my son gave me a powerful reason to bring my work vision statement to life.
There is more still to learn and accomplish, and I am going to go deep to imagine new specifics to call me forward, and I am going to write them down. Why? Because one sheet of paper can be a very powerful guide. And, the results for staying on the right path really can come true if you keep your eye on the prize.
November 1, 2012
Event Promotion, Good News
Award-winning business bio expert Nancy “The Bio Doc” Juetten will help business owners, coaches, consultants, authors, and experts who struggle to write about themselves in a way that attracts ideal clients with a free teleclass on Friday, November 2, 2012 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. PST.
Bellevue, Wa (PRWEB) November 01, 2012
Award-winning business bio expert Nancy “The Bio Doc” Juetten will help business owners, coaches, consultants, authors, and experts who struggle to write about themselves in a way that attracts ideal clients with a free teleclass on Friday, November 2, 2012 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. PST. Juetten will provide her diagnosis on how business owners can transform their weak, boring bios into strong stories that attract clients, speaking gigs, and media interviews.
Those who want to hear Juetten’s advice on how to heal their weak bios can listen in by visiting this link: http://InstantTeleseminar.com/?eventid=34632075. Business owners who want to improve their stories before the call can access the first chapter of Bye-Bye Boring Bio for useful tips.
“What I call ‘Boring Business Bio Syndrome’ is a serious ailment in today’s anemic economy,” says Juetten. “Boring bios stand in the way of business owners connecting with the clients they most want to serve. My prescription can help business owners describe who they serve, what they offer, and why it matters to capture attention and build a level of trust right away. Armed with a healthier bio, they can get well on their way to attracting and serving their perfect clients in time to make 2013 a vibrant year to grow their businesses.”
Juetten, an author and speaker who is frequently quoted in the media, is the creator of proven and popular tools that show business owners how to get seen, heard, celebrated, and compensated for their expert status. Each year she trains thousands of coaches, consultants, solopreneurs, speakers, infopreneurs, and aspiring and thriving authors how to attract clients, speaking gigs, and media attention.
Recognized in 2010 among the Top 100 Home-Based Businesses by StartUp Nation, Juetten was named among the Top 100 Women in Ecommerce by WE magazine in February of 2012. Juetten’s entrepreneurial success offers encouraging proof that somewhat introverted messengers on missions for good can make big impact in the marketplace if they just step out from behind the curtain to speak their truth and “share their own brand of wow right now.”
Juetten tested out “The Bio Doc” sessions twice in October by offering them to subscribers to her newsletter list and fans of her social media profiles. Hundreds of business owners listened in to get help. Callers described her advice as on target and on the money. One caller applied her advice and signed up a $2,500 new client within days.
“A business bio is a terrible thing to waste,” says Juetten.
“If more solopreneurs and small business owners apply these bio techniques quickly, they will be on the road to personal business recovery.”
About Nancy “The Bio Doc” Juetten:
Nancy created Bye-Bye Boring Bio to guide service professionals, speakers, authors, coaches, and those serious about earning expert status to prepare and share their stories so they can prosper in the spotlight. Nancy’s clients describe her as self-esteem in a can. Betsy Gray Talbot of Married with Luggage says, “She sprays it and all the fabulous things about you that you had forgotten or didn’t think were important are in the air for everyone to see. You feel better, potential clients find you more appealing, and you look and sound like a professional. Just like that.” Contact Juetten for interviews, speaking engagements, and to make quantity purchases of Bye-Bye Boring Bio at 425-641-5214 or email@example.com.
June 25, 2012
Business Success, Good News
After learning from the best and welcoming the rewards from inspired and imperfect action in my own business, I am now debuting the Get Known to Get Paid(tm) PRIVATE Mentoring Program. It is the program I would have gladly invested into to get the support I needed if such a program had existed when I started along my own journey to achieve results in my balance sheet and beyond.
- If your first choice is NOT to join another group program …
- If you want to be seen, heard, and helped and for the focus to be squarely on YOU …
- And you appreciate that there is nowhere to hide out in because this is all about YOU and your results…
Your invitation is to take a look at the program I have created. Here is the link to read all about it. It this program resonates with you, opt in to receive your application and send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll schedule a time to chat the first or second week of July to make sure this is the perfect fit for you. And, if so, we’ll journey forward together.
There are just nine spots open at this point so take a look and see if this is the program you’ve been searching for. I’d love to be your mentor to show you how to get known to get paid.
December 9, 2011
Be Heard, Good News, Video PR
Life really change change forever with the crash of a bike. In August of 2000, Brandon Harney was stuck by a car while riding his bike. The accident proved fatal for him, and life-giving for 52 others. Yesterday, Dave Ebberson — the recipient of Brandon’s pancreas — drove from Ephrata to Seattle to be part of a “floragraph” decorating event that took place a BECU Headquarters in Tukwila to honor Brandon’s gift of life.
Shirley Harney Taylor and Ebberson put the finishing touches on the art piece made from 100% natural materials that will soon be winging its way to be showcased on the Donate Life America Float in the 2012 Tournament of Roses Parade. Brandon’s “floragraph” will be among 72 such images proudly on display to earn the attention of millions of viewers. The intent of the float is to raise awareness about the importance of organ and tissue donation. Shirley has been ad advocate for the important work of LifeCenter Northwest since Brandon gave the gift of life to so many others when he passed away. She has worked for BECU for 25 years. You can watch the KOMO TV 4 coverage by visiting this link. Share generously.
September 5, 2011
A client and new friend, Shari Swoish, and I were speaking last week. She mentioned that “Make a Difference Day” is coming up on October 22. This is a day when we celebrate those who are making a difference to make the world a better place. As Shari and I were speaking, a juicy idea came to me. What if we all made a list of the 12 people who have made a big difference in our lives or businesses so we can show up at our best and send out the love?
Wouldn’t that be a great gift to share with the world? So if you like this idea, make your list and share YOUR list via your blog, social media, ezine, and other ways you share your influence with the world. It’s a gift we can share to express gratitude, and all kinds of great things flow from gratitude. I’ll start.
- Henry DeVries, New Client Marketing Institute – In 1985, I enrolled in an “Introduction to Public Relations Writing” course that Henry was teaching as UC San Diego Extension. His encouraging words about a press release I wrote about the sex habits of the Komodo Dragons at the San Diego Zoo started me on the path to a career in the field that has been rewarding in ways too numerous to measure. He was the coach I hired in 2001 to bring my very new business to the six-figure level. Today, we are friends, colleagues, and co-collaborators.
- Joan Stewart, the Publicity Hound -- In 2006, Joan explained to me how affiliate programs work, and she signed up to become my first one. Within days, the publicity tips booklets I created earned fans around the nation, thanks to her influence. She’s been a mentor, a colleague, and a friend since then.
- Susan Harrow, PR Secrets — In 2008, Susan was hosting a mega sale of some of the best information products in the world to help aspiring experts get known. I was early along my journey and not especially well known for my expertise at that time. Boldly, I asked Susan if she would consider including my content in her big event. After thinking it over and considering my heart-felt appeal, she said YES. It was the beginning of several great collaborations, including me hosting Susan for a big event in Seattle that opened up a new audience of fans for her work.
- Liz Goodgold, Red Fire Branding — Liz is the best prepared, most energetic, fun-to-work-with event partner I’ve worked with since I opened the doors to my business in 2001. We met in February of this year, and that was a game changer for us both.
- Patricia Fripp, Patricia Fripp Speaking School — What Patricia Fripp did to upgrade my speaking skills in one weekend is nothing short of remarkable. She gave me straight talk, tough love, and encouragement during that important weekend, and today she is a fan and advocate of my work.
- Drew Gerber, Michelle Tennant, Shannon Nicholson, Wasabi Publicity– In 2009, Michelle interviewed me for one of Wasabi Publicity’s popular Happy Hours. It was my first time sharing a new talk about transforming boring bios from wallpaper to wow. Listeners loved it, and I have since been engaged to share this popular talk by webinar, teleseminar, and live by scores or quality internet experts and professional organizations.
- Nancy Marmolejo, Viva Visibility — Nancy hosted a powerful event called I Heart My Biz last November and invited me to be a sponsor. She knows how to produce “rock star” events that change lives — including mine. The mindset shift she helped me make to stand in an on my value during that three-day event in Anaheim has been profound and powerful in my business and my life.
- George Kao, Online Marketing Training with George Kao — George Kao is known for teaching people to make the most of social media in just 15 minutes a day. He also is someone who does an amazing job teaching people through the impact of webinars. He has modeled his approach so I can embrace it in my own business. He has also been generous in guiding me to up my own game in social media as he’s advocated for how I serve to his extensive and very loyal community. George, thank you.
- James Roche, Roche Marketing — Last year, I wanted to get really serious about turbo charging the information products aspect of my publicity tools and training company. Over a series of nine 45-minute telephone sessions in 2010, James helped me get my game on in a much smarter and bigger way.
- Robert Middleton, Action Plan Marketing — A couple of years ago, Robert posted a question on a social network called Biznik to hear from someone who could change his mind about the value of publicity. I responded in a thoughtful way. That opened the door for Robert and me to have a phone conversation that led to me sharing my expertise with his Action Plan Marketing Club members. Then, Robert invited me to attend a weekend event for collaboration at which I was introduced to some amazing new friends and co-collaborators who have since been influential in helping me to grow my influence and impact in a big way.
- Bill Baren, Bill Baren Coaching — Bill Baren was among the fabulous folks I met at Robert Middleton’s weekend event for collaboration. He and I hit it off, and he invited me to attend a similar gathering at which I was introduced to a remarkable group of inspired business owners up to big things. Since then, I’ve graduated from his Master of Enrollment program, served among the experts who contributed to his “Know Like Trust” Telesummit to share my “Rock Star Readiness” expertise, and signed on among the “movers and shakers” who are part of his Big Shift Coaching Experience. What I appreciate most about Bill — aside from his expertise, heart, and smarts — is that he was the first to see a vision for a bigger dream for me and my business beyond what I could see for myself. And, he has helped me see it so that I can take smart action to bring that vision to life.
- Steve Juetten, Juetten Personal Financial Planning — and my husband of almost 24 years — It’s a roller coaster ride of opportunity and challenge to start, grow, and reinvent a business over a window of 11 years. My husband Steve has believed in me since we met in 1983. His encouragement, love, and friendship are priceless beyond measure.
So, there you have it. The 12 people who have made the most profound difference in my business so far. If you are inspired by this post, create your own list of 12 and share it with the world between now and October 22, 2011 — which is the official date of Make a Difference Day. It’s a great exercise that will mean something to the people you celebrate as you look forward to wonderful collaborations and successes still to come for all.
September 5, 2011
Here is a photo of Champ, the newest member of the Juetten family. We adopted him on Friday, September 2, 2011, and we couldn’t be happier. Thanks to those of you who shared cards, gifts, phone calls, and encouragement as we mourned the passing of our golden retriever Shadow. We now are remembering him as we create new memories with our new bundle of happiness.
July 21, 2011
Event Promotion, Good News
You know, something occurred to me after receiving two heart-felt emails from business owners who are struggling with their bio and brand AND their budgets. They really want to enroll in the Bio and Branding Wow Now Tele Boot Camp, but they need some help with their budget. It pains me that there are people who really need this who feel like they can’t make the numbers work. I was brainstorming with some people today about how to remove any obstacles for you, and here is what we came up with.
Go ahead and enroll today because I have created a 3-Pay plan so you can spread out your payments over three months. I’ve tried to make our program more accessible to you.
And here is the best part. When you show up for the teleclasses, receive our support, and enjoy the personal feedback that is a hallmark of our program, you will be well set to attract clients, attention, and opportunities within 21 days or less. That grace will open a world of opportunity for you that will make this a whole lot easier to say YES to, knowing that attracting the right clients going forward will also be much easier.
The main thing is this. I really want you to know that I am committed to doing everything I can so we can work together to bring you to the bio and branding wow that will make your work ten times more attractive and inviting for your ideal clients. So too is Liz Goodgold.
So with that said, here is the link to enroll now:
Is your “Easy” button nearby? I hope you are smiling now.
We’ve got some great work to do. I can’t wait to learn more about what makes you special and well worthy of celebration by your clients.
If you’d rather make one payment, here is the link to do that.
This is my final reminder that today is the last day to enroll at Early Bird Pricing and to take advantage of the 3-pay option I created to support more people in their important work in the world. Join us. You’ll love it.
June 22, 2011
This is the year I am making a big shift in my business, playing a bigger game, and working to my full potential. That is why, over the next few weeks and months, you’ll be seeing some changes here at the blog.
1) I’ll be changing the brand message and imagery to focus on the timely and essential theme of Authentic Visibility. Even my email address has changed. You can now send me email at nancy@AuthenticVisibility.com. Please do!
2) You’ll read more posts that relate to the ultimate result that matters most to you, which is to Prosper Now.
3) I’ll be debuting new virtual workshops and services to guide you to Prepare Your Story and Broadcast Your Brilliance in systematic ways that deliver the WOW you need to stand out and shine as you attract clients, speaking gigs, and media interviews now.
Why the Changes?
- Well, I’ve been listening very closely to my clients and readers. I’ve been getting in touch with the aspects of my work that truly light me up and cause me to jump out of bed and into great work every day. And I’ve been getting some great support to guide me to a higher mission of service. It feels really great to have found a new groove to serve in a bolder way.
- I think my biggest wake up call happened in April. Since 2001, I have had it in my mind that I am the “backyard gal” to help people share their messages in their own hometowns. I was operating under the notion that my business was mostly in MY own backyard, too. My husband Steve Juetten, a financial planner, shared some news with me after the first quarter. He said, “I hate to break it to you Nancy, but you aren’t a backyard gal anymore. Over 90% of your product sales come from outside of your home state.” With all my emphasis on the storytelling and the words, and I hadn’t realized how far and beyond my own reach had grown.
As I move ahead, I’ll share more of these kinds of posts that let you in on my own journey of growth, my own “aha” moments along the way, and some of the lessons I’ve learned to show up and speak my own truth. It’s a little scary. But I am stepping forward to truly SHOW UP nevertheless.
What I know is that my best clients are on a similar journey. We are all trying to make an impact, be remembered, and attract more of the right attention, clients, and prosperity to fuel our best work and our best lives. This blog will speak to that journey, including the pitfalls and the pearls of wisdom collected along the way. You’ll get more of those kinds of posts because that is where the real juice is anyway.
As always, I am listening. I want to hear from you. Please connect here, share a comment, ask a question, and let’s continue the conversation as we all do our best to truly show up, stand out, and shine. Why wait another moment longer? We’ve got important work to do in the world. Let’s start today.
June 3, 2011
If you are a professional service provider, speaker, author, or coach who is serious about attracting more perfect clients now, pay close attention to this message because there is definitely something of value in it for you and your growing business. My partner and Red Fire Branding Guru Liz Goodgold and I are joining forces a second time for our Bring in the Dough: 5 Weeks to a Better Brand, Bio, and Business Tele Boot Camp that starts on Wednesday, July 27 at 11 a.m. and continues through Wed., August 24, 2011. This tele boot camp will guide you step by step to both speak about and write about your business to capture attention, attract clients, and more. There will be plenty of personal attention paid to each guest during this program so you can set aside your messaging struggles and truly step up, stand out, and show up at your best to attract the results you seek in your business.
Since we are committed to making a difference for others, we will be awarding three scholarships for deserving professional service providers, coaches, authors, and speakers who submit their 200-word essays for consideration to email@example.com in time for the July 8, 2011 submission deadline. To apply for a scholarship tell us WHY you are the worthy candidate to benefit from this Tele-Boot-Camp experience valued at $497 and HOW you will use the opportunity to propel you forward in your business or your life. Send us 200 words or less, please! Liz and I will review all the applications and choose the three most compelling storytellers as winners to join us for this course which starts on July 27 at 11 a.m. PST.
We will announce the winners via blog post, ezine, eblast, and Facebook, so take note. The volume of entries prevents us from replying to each candidate personally.
And, if you have not yet registered for our July 11 free teleclass that will showcase specific tips you can apply right away to boost your business now with a magnetic personal brand and story, here is the link to make that easy.
And, if you were on the call last time and just want to enroll right now, you can do that, too. There are plenty of testimonials posted to showcase the value we are bringing, and that makes Liz and I so proud! Here is that link.
Both Liz and are can hardly contain our enthusiasm about this program and the impact it will have for your business. So if earning a scholarship to benefit is a priority, we can’t wait to hear YOUR story when you submit it for scholarship consideration by July 8, 2011 at 5 p.m. PST. And we can’t wait for the real work to begin starting July 27!
March 15, 2011
Good News, New Audio File to Support Your DIY Publicity Success
Have you ever set an intention for something big to happen in your business and have it happen in real time, right then and there? In December of 2010, my husband Steve Juetten and I were sharing a festive holiday lunch to reflect back on the year and look ahead to the New Year.
He asked me what I most wanted to happen in my business. I said, “I want someone like Bill Baren to invite me to share my content with his extended community. He is the kind of expert, tribe leader, and success influencer who has the magic to bring my expertise and offerings to the perfect potential business owners to benefit.”
As the waiter was bringing us coffee and dessert, I took a quick look at my phone to check messages. At that very moment, I had received an invitation from Bill Baren’s organization to contribute to his Know-Like-Trust Factor Online Event.
Right then and there, I burst into tears of joy. Not long after that, Bill interviewed me. This conversation was probably the best interview I’ve given to date. As a direct result, blog traffic grew by four times the typical volume, new ezine subscribers opted in by the hundreds, and ‘thank you’ emails and Twitter and Facebook love immediately followed. (Sales came in, too!)
I share this story because it proves that if you give voice to what you want to happen, the Universe does provide.
This interview about the Rock Star Status Reality Check is one that is packed with content, quality examples, great stories that are steeped in authenticity and value to anyone who wants to tell a better story now.
The ultimate results I want for you are to be seen, heard, celebrated and compensated for your expertise. If you follow the guidance generously shared via this audio file, you will get what you want. Listen in, enjoy, and share with others who can benefit: kltwithnancyjuetten.
If you have comment or success story to share about how these tips have worked to your advantage, please share!
Bill Baren, thank you so much for this opportunity. You’ve opened a world of new opportunity for me to serve, and am so grateful. Can’t wait to see you at the end of the month at the Big Shift Experience!
« Previous Entries